Advantage: The Ultimate Flea Buster
Warning: Reading this article might make you itch at the thought of a flea infestation.
Did you know that only 5% of fleas live on your pet with the other 95% being in your home… bed, carpet, sofa, cushions? You name it, they’ll be living there. Preventing the development of fleas are at the top of our supplies list every month and we think it should be at the top of yours too. And if you want fleas to be killed the day after application, Advantage Flea Treatment has been proven to provide such effective results that veterinary experts are continuously recommending to pet owners.
Are fleas really that bad?
The bad news is that fleas are more harmful than an itch, if left unnoticed or untreated they can cause the development of Lyme Disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaemia, coughing, seizures, vomiting and diarrhoea. Fleas not only choose your pet as a host but even you and your family in the home. Infestation can happen at a variety of times, such as on dog walks, playing with other pets or even coming across other wildlife. Once infested, fleas breed so quickly it’s hard to keep up at a rate of a single flea multiplying 40-50 per day for around 5 days. A single female flea can lay up to 2000 eggs in her lifetime!
Where do they catch fleas?
Dogs, in particular, are sociable creatures and so this is the most common cause of swapping fleas and other parasites. While you can’t be responsible for other pets and wildlife, you can control the infestation on your pet – meaning they won’t give fleas to others or develop side effects themselves.
When should I apply the treatment?
The good news is that we can help you prevent the infestation of pesky parasites. It’s important to not wait to notice movement in your pet’s fur, make sure you give your pet the routine treatment without missing a month. Give yourself a reminder on your phone, leave post-it notes in the pet cupboard or even put it down on your calendar – whatever works for you.
Key benefits of Advantage Spot On flea treatment
Advantage flea treatment has been formulated precisely by experienced veterinary experts to provide your pet with the extra treatment they need to be happy and healthy. Using advantage guarantees you the following benefits:
- Fleas are killed within one day following treatment.
- One treatment prevents further flea infestation for up to four weeks on dogs, three to four weeks on cats and up to a week on rabbits.
- Easy to use application with simple instructions and fuss-free administration.
- Kills flea larvae in the home, which makes up 95% of where fleas live. One female flea can lay up to 50 eggs a day in your home – so getting rid of these are crucial.
- The treatment remains effective if your pet becomes wet even during heavy rain or swimming (although we encourage a re-application).
- Five-star rated by honest customers.
- Protects you and your family from fleas and their diseases.
We believe that preventative measures are easier and cheaper than medically treating effects.
If in doubt contact your veterinary practice
And always keep your vet's phone number handy - just in case!